This article shows you the steps by steps on how to configure and troubleshoot Grandstream UCM’s Email Setting using a Gmail account.
- The Grandstream UCM uses SMTP to send out the emails. Configure SMTP Server to smtp.gmail.com:587. Each time you make changes to the Email Setting, you have to re-enter the email authentication password otherwise, the UCM saves garbage.
2. Go to PBX Settings –> Network Settings –> Basic Settings > DNS Server 1, enter Google DNS (for eg. 126.96.36.199), followed by Save and Apply.
3. Log in to your Google Account > Security > turn on 2-step Verification and App Password. More details can be found here.
4. Go back to the Email Setting page, make a test email, and verify if the emails go through under Email Send Log tab
Go to Maintenance > Network Troubleshooting > select the Interface and click Start to run Ethernet packet.
- Please remember that certain email servers might consider emails coming from MTA as spam.
- Reboot the UCM each time you change the Mail type (Client/MTA)