This article describes how to set up the captive portal feature on the GWN76XX series using Public RADIUS authentication by idBlender. This is useful when you do not have the environment to install a separate server for testing and troubleshooting purposes.
- Go here to create an Wifi username and password
2. Click ‘Test credentials’ to find out the RADIUS Server secret and Authentication Method.
3. Click Test authentication to view the Stdout results
4. Next, we go to GWN AP’s Captive Portal to fill up the required fields: RADIUS Server Address and port, RADIUS Server Secret and Authentication Method
5. Click to connect with the ‘radius’ SSID. Enter the Wifi username and password as created in Step 1 in the portal
6. When the authentication is successful, it will redirect to the External Page URL address as configured.
External Splash Page Flow
The figure below shows the connection diagram when configuring External Splash Page in the Captive Portal